Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) is celebrating 12 Days of Gratitude from December 5 through December 16 with a wide variety of activities.
Over the course of the 12 days, events will take place pre-and post-security in both terminals. Travelers and visitors will be able to win prizes and take photos with the airport mascot Amelia the Airplane and the Navigator Buddies.
PHX will also be hosting art activities and inviting passengers to write notes of gratitude and donate items for a canned food drive, among others.
And throughout the 12 days, staff will be handing out chocolate coins and thank you cards to passengers. Staff will also be surprising a lucky passenger each day with a Phoenix Sky Harbor gift bag.
If you’re heading to PHX over the next 12 days, be sure to check the detailed schedule so you don’t miss out on collaborative coloring, the art scavenger hunt, or other activities and prizes.
Here is the schedule of events for the first day. Most events repeat throughout the 12 Days of Gratitude.
Monday, December 5
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Collaborative Coloring Activity post-security in Terminal 3 near the Children’s Play Area
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Spin the wheel for a chance to win a prize. Located on the East End of Level 3 of Terminal 4.
- All Day – Gratitude Notes. Stop by an Information Counter in either terminal and write what you are thankful for.
- Canned Food Drive – PHX is holding a canned food drive for Herrera Elementary School. Drop off canned food items at the Information Counter on the west end of Level 3 of Terminal 4 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Anyone who donates to the drive will receive a raffle ticket.
- All Day – Art Scavenger Hunt. Test your knowledge of the art in the airport. After you’ve completed the activity, scan the QR code for your chance to win a prize. Pick up an activity sheet at the Level 1 Baggage Claim Ticket Counter in Terminal 3, the post-security Information Counter on Level 4 of Terminal 3 or any pre-security Information Counter in Terminal 4.