It’s Oktoberfest season and that means the return of the “Beer Flights” beer garden at Denver International Airport.
DEN’s beer garden will be open from 11 am to 7 pm from September 30 through October 10 and not only coincides with worldwide Oktoberfest celebrations but also with the city’s Great American Beer Festival.
In the past, DEN’s beer garden was inside the terminal building, but this year they’re changing things up a bit and holding the event outside on the plaza between the Jeppesen Terminal and the Westin Denver International Airport.
Here’s how DEN’s Beer Flights works: The $10 admission ticket gets you a souvenir glass and 10, 2-ounce samples of Colorado-made beer.
There are more than 200 established breweries in Colorado and the state is home to over 10 percent of the nation’s craft breweries, so savor the carefully-selected samples from the 10 breweries which will be on site. (Each brewery will have two different beers to sample.)
· Avery Brewing – El Gose, Joes Pils
· Boulder Beer – Buffalo Gold, Pulp Fusion
· Epic Brewing – Tart ‘n Juicy, Lil’ Brainless
· Odell’s – Drumroll, Myrcenary
· Oskar Blues – Priscilla, Beerito
· Elevation Beer Co. – 8 Second Kolsch, Apis IV
· Tommy Knocker – Butthead-Bock, Pick Axe
· SKA Brewing – Steel Toe, Modus Mandarina
· Telluride Brewing – Bridal Veil, Wahcked Out
· Renegage Brewery – Pancake Maple, Consilium
The beer garden will also have live musical performances daily from 4-6 p.m., talks by brew masters, brew trivia, table games, giveaways and a Beer Flights “Passport” for attendees to make notes about the Colorado brews they taste.
Should we make this the airport amenity of the week?