We’re into Oktoberfest season and Denver International Airport is celebrating with the 6th annual “Beer Flights” beer garden through September 22.
The beer garden is set up on the DEN plaza, which is located between the Westin and the south entrance to the Jeppesen Terminal. Hours are from 11 a.m. through 7 p.m. daily through September 22.
Entry tickets are $10 and include a souvenir glass to taste up to 20, 2-ounce samples of beer from 12 Colorado breweries. Each brewery has two beers to sample.
- • Avery Brewing – Rocky Mountain Rose, Hazyish IPA
- • Boulder Brewing – Shake Chocolate Porter, Mojo IPA
- • Breckenridge Brewery – Strawberry Kolsch, Agave Wheat
- • Colorado Cider Company – Glider Cider, Grasshop-ah
- • Denver Beer Company – Juicy Freak IPA, Incredible Pedal
- • Great Divide Brewing – Yeti Imperial Stout, Hercules Double IPA
- • Left Hand Brewery – Milk Stout Nitro, Flamingo Dreams
- • New Belgium Brewing – Trippel, Mountain Time Premium Lager
- • Odell Brewing – Drumroll IPA, Sippin Pretty Fruited Sour
- • Tivoli Brewery – Bohemian Girl, Brut
- • Upslope Brewing – Rocky Mountain Kolsch, Snow Melt
- • Wibby Brewing – Lightshine Helles, Moondoor Dunkel
Participating brewers have giveaways for attendees and there’s live music daily from 4 to 6 p.m.
The beer garden is outside of security, so if you partake just be sure to keep an eye on the departure time of your flight and leave plenty of time to get through security,
Thanks for visiting Stuck at the Airport. Subscribe to get daily travel tidbits. And follow me on Twitter at @hbaskas and Instagram.