Travel is back in motion. And now cities, states, and countries are going to all out to get your attention – and your travel dollars.
Case in point: Tennessee.
Just 35% of the state’s population is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. But over the weekend Tennessee states officials and country superstar Brad Paisley kicked off “Tennesse on Me,” a campaign to promote tourism.
The campaign is alluring.
“On me” offers 10,000 free airline vouchers to four key Tennessee airports – Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga, and Knoxville. All travelers have to do is purchase a 2-night stay at TennesseeOnMe.com.
Tennessee Governor Bill Lee’s budget puts aside $2.5 million to promote tourism through $250 digital gift cards from Delta Airlines, American Airlines, and Southwest Airlines for travel to Tennessee. The promotion aims to give away 10,000 digital gift cards to visitors who book a 2-night hotel stay in Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, or Chattanooga. More than 60 hotels are participating in the promotion.
Here are the details:
- Visitors must book a 2-night minimum stay at participating hotels, including at least one night of the stay between Sunday-Wednesday.
- Visitors can choose their destination city (Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga or Knoxville), their hotel of choice in the city, and which airline voucher they prefer (Delta, American or Southwest Airlines).
- Book between now and July 5 – September 15, 2021. Travel between July 11 – December 30, 2021.
- All promotion reservations can be booked through www.TennesseeOnMe.com, which details FAQs, restrictions and additional information.
- All hotel package reservations are pre-paid at time of booking and are non-refundable.
- One airline voucher is available per hotel package (not per person). Other terms and conditions apply.
Have fun. Let’s hope more states roll out campaigns like this. And let’s hope more people in Tennessee get vaccinated.