In and around Seattle, soccer fans are super passionate about the Seattle Sounders FC, who just happen to be the defending MLS Cup Champion team.
Delta Air Lines is the team’s official airline and they’ve kicked off a cool fan ‘engagement’ campaign called the “Join the XI” program, that will give 11 fans some super-special perks.
Fans selected to join the “Starting XI” team will “get to live the life of an MLS player, sign a one-day contract with the Sounders FC and fly with the team to the July 29th match against Los Angeles,” promises Delta.
Here are some of the ‘positions’ they’re going to fill:
- The Dynamic Duo – friends, family, a couple or coworkers united by their love of Sounders FC
- The Stat Wiz – the one fan who knows the game and the team by the numbers
- The Luckiest – the person who sticks to their superstitions to help the team win
- The Lifetimer – someone who’s been a Sounders FC fan for what feels like forever
- The Roadie – where Sounders FC goes, they follow – no matter the distance