Cleveland is hosting the Republican National Convention this week and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) – and Superman – welcomed many of the 50,000 or so attendees with art, entertainment and helpful information.
Will you be flying in or out of CLE during the RNC? Here's what you need to know: https://t.co/299i27Wnev
— Cleveland Hopkins (@GoingPlacesCLE) July 14, 2016
— NASA Glenn Research (@NASAglenn) July 15, 2016
— CuyahogaArts&Culture (@CuyArtsC) July 17, 2016
— Meg Shaw (@MegDShaw) July 17, 2016
And now that everyone has arrived, the airport is getting ready for everyone to depart. This advice is posted on the CLE website:
- The heaviest departure days for convention participants and media will be July 21st, 22nd and 23rd. If you are also travelling at these times PLEASE leave early for your flight!
- In anticipation of a very busy departure day following the convention on Friday July 22nd, we would highly recommend the following 5-4-3-2-1 action plan:
- 5 Hours Check out of hotel; travel to the airport
- 4 Hours Return rental car
- 3 Hours Check-in at airline ticket counter
- 2 Hours Be at the TSA Security Checkpoint
- 1 Hour Arrive at the airline boarding gate