Tired of flying? Consider the bus.
Not sure if the bus is for you? Megabus.com is offering you a ride for free.
The company’s rates are pretty cheap to begin with (as low as $1 a ticket, if you book really, really early), but this deal is 200,000 free seats for travel between January 9th and February 28, 2013 (subject to availability) to/from cities served by megabus.com in the USA and Canada. Promo code TRYMEGABUS.
And there’s now a list of the 60 new shops and restaurants – including 22 local L.A. brands – coming to what’s being called New TBIT – the expanded Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) – at Los Angeles International Airport.
The first phase of New TBIT will include a Great Hall and boarding gates on the west side of the terminal. That is scheduled to open in Spring 2013. The second phase – which includes new gates on the east side of the terminal, new federal security screening area, and an upgraded customs arrivals area – is expected to be completed by 2014.
Here is some of what’s in store for the new terminal:
- Top Chef Winner Michael Voltaggio will offer sandwiches at ink.sack;
- Upscale, modern Mexican food from the “Top Chef Masters” duo of Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken at Border Grill;
- Umami Burger, the L.A. outlet that was awarded GQ’s “Burger of the Year” title;
- 800 Degrees Pizzeria;
- III Forks (steakhouse),
- Sushi with fish air-shipped from Tokyo at Chaya or Lucky Fish by Sushi Roku;
- Petrossian Caviar & Champagne Bar;
- Vino Volo;
- Short Cake and Vanilla Bake Shop (desserts, yay!)
- and one of the first Starbucks Evenings outlets, serving wine and small plates.
In addition to a wide range of duty-free options, retail will include: Bvlgari,Emporio Armani, Kitson, Coach, Porsche Design, Tumi, Victoria’s Secret, the iStore Boutique, 7-Eleven, See’s Candies, Xpress Spa and Bliss, which will also offer manicures, pedicures and facials .
Here’s a link to the full list and more information about what’s coming – finally – to the Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX.